SHAD M. BROWN
Locations: Las Vegas, Nevada and Scottsdale, Arizona
Areas of Practice
- Tax controversy dealing with local, state and federal tax audits, criminal investigations, IRS collections, and civil and criminal tax litigation.
- Tax planning related to business formation and business transactions.
- Trust and estate planning including tax planning for taxable estates.
- Business Planning and business transactions.
- Arizona Supreme Court, 2007
- U.S. Tax Court, 2008
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, Master of Laws in Taxation (LLM) magna cum laude – 2008: Editor, Florida Tax Review.
- Mississippi College, School of Law, Jackson, Mississippi, Juris Doctorate (JD) magna cum laude – 2007: Executive Editor, Mississippi College Law Review.
- University of Phoenix, Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Business Marketing, 2004
- Estate of Foster v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo. 2011-95
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Arizona State Bar, Tax Section
Past Employment Positions
- The Brown & Jensen Law Firm, Managing Partner – Scottsdale, AZ, 2014 – 2022
- The Dana Law Firm, Attorney – Scottsdale, AZ, 2013-2014
- Office of Chief Counsel, IRS, Attorney – Washington, DC and Phoenix, AZ, 2008 – 2013