The IRS Takes Tax Evasion Seriously -- No Matter Who You Are! The IRS Takes…
Silver Law PLC Attorney Jason Silver Retained as Expert Witness in Attorney Malpractice Case for Criminal Tax Trial
Silver Law, PLC lead attorney Jason Silver was recently retained to act as an expert witness in a malpractice case against an attorney who allegedly committed malpractice in the representation of a federal criminal tax trial. This development underscores Silver’s reputation as a reliable and knowledgeable attorney in the field of tax law. With his extensive experience in handling complex cases and a proven track record of success, Silver is an invaluable asset to any client seeking justice in the realm of legal malpractice.
A Comprehensive Analysis By Jason Silver Reveals Multiple Failures
After a meticulous review of the case and all relevant documentation, Mr. Silver offered a well-reasoned opinion, identifying several instances where the Defendants had failed in their duties as legal representatives:
- Defendants failed to make a timely disclosure of available expert testimony on the amounts of taxes allegedly at issue.
- Defendants failed to request a Motion to Continue trial in light of a key witness being precluded from testifying as an expert witness.
- Defendants failed to inform Plaintiff of the unlikelihood of obtaining an appellate decision reversing the exclusion of a key witness as an expert witness.
- Defendants failed to inform Plaintiff of the impact on his case of a key witness expert witness testimony being excluded and how that would affect the government in proving willfulness.
- Defendants failed to inform Plaintiff of his right to seek a plea agreement in light of a key witness exclusion as an expert witness.
- Defendants failed to present sufficient evidence and argument concerning the differences between an organizer and a manager under USSG 3B1.1(c).
- Defendants failed to file a Daubert motion to exclude an IRS revenue agent as an expert witness.
- Defendants failed to litigate the restitution at the sentencing hearing.
These shortcomings ranged from a lack of timely disclosure and inadequate communication with the Plaintiff, to procedural missteps and a failure to provide the necessary evidence in support of the Plaintiff’s case. Silver’s thorough analysis exposed the Defendants’ negligence, demonstrating the importance of having a skilled and attentive legal team in navigating the complexities of federal criminal tax trials.
Satisfactory Settlement Achieved Through Silver’s Expert Testimony
Following Mr. Silver’s deposition, the parties reached a satisfactory settlement, demonstrating the power and influence of Silver’s expert testimony in resolving the dispute. Cases involving Mr. Silver often result in favorable outcomes for the clients he represents, reflecting his dedication, professionalism, and expertise in the field of tax law. Silver’s unwavering commitment to seeking justice and the truth ensures that his clients receive the best possible representation in their legal battles.
Consult with Arizona’s Leading Tax Attorneys for Expert Witness Testimony
If you’re looking for an expert witness in a malpractice case against an attorney, get the seasoned testimony and advice you need by calling Silver Law, PLC. Based on our extensive experience and training, our attorneys specialize in acting as expert witnesses in tax law cases and other tax-related controversies. Contact us and schedule your confidential, obligation-free consultation with one of our trusted Arizona tax attorneys by contacting our office today. References are available upon request.
7033 E. Greenway Pkwy, Ste 200
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
410 South Rampart Blvd, Suite 390
Las Vegas, Nevada 89145
170 S. Green Valley Parkway
Suite 300 Henderson, NV 89012
San Diego Location
1373 Grand Avenue,
San Diego, CA 92109
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.